Stamford Personal Injury and Employment Law Attorneys
Expanding the Law to Protect the Rights of Victims
If you have been wrongfully harmed, you have a right to be compensated. This is what is referred to as “damages” in the legal setting. But insurance companies, big corporations and unscrupulous politicians try to limit victims’ rights and decrease damages awarded to the injured. We are dedicated to fighting for you, not only in court, but also in the legislature and, if appropriate, the media. The personal injury and employment lawyers at Casper & de Toledo are committed to the goal of expanding the law to protect the rights of victims in Stamford and throughout Connecticut. We limit our practice to litigation and only represent the injured so we can be the best at what we do. Our legal team has earned an impressive reputation for successfully serving our clients in resolving their legal concerns. Call or contact us online for a confidential consultation to find out how we can help you.
At Casper & de Toledo, we represent clients in a wide array of accidental injury, and employment law matters:
Personal Injury Practice Areas
- Wrongful Death: We help families who have lost a loved one due to someone else’s carelessness.
- Personal Injury: Our attorneys have a long and successful record of recovering substantial verdicts and settlements for people with serious physical injuries including:
- Product Liability: Every year, thousands of Americans are injured or killed by dangerous and defective products. We hold product manufacturers and distributors responsible for the damages caused by defectively designed and improperly manufactured products.
- Car Accidents: We seek justice for car accident victims including those injured by a drunk driver, involved in a head-on crash, rear end collision, highway accident, or other motor vehicle accidents. We understand that nothing is more traumatic to a parent than a child injured in a car accident, and we are particularly sensitive to those traumatic events.
- Truck Accidents: Because of the weight of semi trucks and tractor trailers, drivers and passengers in cars often suffer catastrophic injury when involved in a collision with a truck. We work hard to obtain the compensation you deserve.
- Motorcycle Accidents: With no helmet law in Connecticut, bike crash injuries are typically severe and often fatal. By preserving as much evidence as possible, we can help recover fair compensation.
- Bicycle Accidents: While cyclists are expected to follow the same rules as drivers, they can also expect to have the same rights. We are here to ensure negligent drivers are held accountable for your injury or loss.
- Pedestrian Accidents: Exercising reasonable care, people on foot have the right of way, especially at intersections. If you or your family is injured by a driver’s negligence, we will fight for your rights.
- Slip and Fall Accidents: Property owners are responsible for maintaining safe premises and fixing hazardous property conditions. We pursue compensation for clients who slip and fall or are otherwise hurt in a shopping mall, restaurant, grocery store, icy parking lot, or a private residence because of dangerous conditions.
- Medical Malpractice: Our malpractice attorneys represent patients who have been harmed by medical mistakes and medical negligence, including:
- Workers’ Compensation If you sustained an injury at your workplace or were hurt as a result of your job duties, our attorneys can assist with your worker’s compensation claims and any claims against negligent third parties (who are not your employer).
Employment Law Practice Areas
- Employment Law: Our employment law attorneys represent workers and employees in employment related disputes and civil rights claims, including the following:
- Sexual Harassment: If you have been subjected to unwanted sexual advances, a hostile work environment or other illegal sex discrimination, call us for a free case evaluation.
- Employment Contracts: We assist employees with employment contract negotiations, non-compete agreements, wrongful termination claims, employment benefit claims and other disputes relating to employment contracts.
- Employment Discrimination: We pursue justice for employees who have suffered illegal discrimination on the basis of age, sex, gender, race, national origin, religion, pregnancy, or disability.
- Whistleblower Claims: If you report your employer’s illegal or fraudulent activities, you should not be subjected to retaliatory discharge or any other retaliation. If you are subjected to retaliation, you are entitled to protection and compensation.
- Wage and Hour Claims: We represent workers who should have been paid overtime, were forced to work off the clock, or have been subjected to illegal employment practices under the federal Fair Labor Standards Act and Connecticut’s wage laws.
Connecticut Attorneys Advocating on Behalf of Connecticut Plaintiffs at Home and Afar
We are regularly presented with claims by Connecticut residents where we determine that the law requires their case to proceed in another state. If we are unable to handle the case in the other jurisdiction, our breadth of contacts throughout the country enables us to secure highly skilled counsel for those clients.